A series of Wildfires in the Myrtle Beach, SC is 80 Percent contained. The fire started on Last Wednesday ; charred or 25,000 acres. The weather did not help soaring temps and strong made it difficult to fight . However, thanks to volunteer Firefighters from North Carolina and a dozen form across South Carolina. Officials expects under control`Hopefully they can get a good part of the fire completely mopped up and cold tonight, if all goes well,” said Holly Welch, a S.C. Forestry Commission spokesman.
Officials estimates the damage at over $8 million dollars
About 2500 Residents have been evacuated and placed in area shelters according to Hoary County officicas. A few residents have been allowed to return home. One resident Gwen Vaught shoveled dirt on spots still smoldering around her home in the Poplar community on Friday afternoon and talked about the firefighters who saved her home.
“I wouldn’t have enough money to thank them,” she said. “They did a good job.”
The fire burned on three sides of Vaught’s home and came within 9 1/2 feet of the back corner.
Myrtle Beach Sun News
Update: according to a report by WBTW “NEWS13” suspect has been cited for starting the fires.
The South Carolina Forestry Commission has identified and ticketed Mark Torchi of Conway. Torchi was burning Garbage on April 18th behind his home. the The fire was extinguished but strong winds on Wednesday re kindled the flame from the trash pile started the fire which is known as the Highway 31 fire.
Torchi will have to pay up to $732 in fine. Ironicaly, the fire cause over $ 8 million dollars in damages.
From The AP US Attorney General Eric Holder will not use terror memos selectively like he did to Interrogation memos earlier this week. Holder address congress on Thursday. He will release as much information as much as possible.
H/T: Gateway Pundit
This Woman is a stranger to the truth. On Wednesday Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi denied that she was in the meeting that water boarding was discussed. But a report from the Politico website She did and knew about it. She heard about it water boarding was but said the White House was proposing to use water boarding,
Then on Thursday, Madame Speaker was asked again about water boarding this time she thought the CIA was not using it. F___ing liar, liar pantsuit on fire. Here’s the proof:
This original article from Washington Post Key Paragraphs:
With one known exception, no formal objections were raised by the lawmakers briefed about the harsh methods during the two years in which water boarding was employed, from 2002 to 2003, said Democrats and Republicans with direct knowledge of the matter. The lawmakers who held oversight roles during the period included Pelosi and Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) and Sens. Bob Graham (D-Fla.) and John D. Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.), as well as Rep. Porter J. Goss (R-Fla.) and Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan).
“In fairness, the environment was different then because we were closer to Sept. 11 and people were still in a panic,” said one U.S. official present during the early briefings. “But there was no objecting, no hand-wringing. The attitude was, ‘We don’t care what you do to those guys as long as you get the information you need to protect the American people.’ ”
Later on “Hannity” House of Representative member Pete Hoekstra of Mi called her on it”wasn’t paying attention” if she thought the CIA was not waterboarding:
Pelosi claims the have the most honest, ethical Congress in history. Riiiiiight! Give me a F___ing Break!
You want to go for it Madame Speaker bring it. Doing what George Soros bidding. To bring this up knowing this would blow up in her and President collective faces moronic. This woman need to go.
Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit
On Sunday April 19, President Obama Chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel as ask on ABC News This Week is Administration going after former Bush officials in regarding “torture”. Emmanuel said emphatically No.
On Monday President Obama partially released “enhanced interrogation” program” memos which was previously classified. The memos revealed the techniques used by the US against Al Qudea. That night on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” in an exclusive interview Former Vice President Richard Cheney. In the interview Cheney said President Obama’s actions including the released memos is endangering the nation. Cheney went further by asking to the Obama Administration to release all the documents including redacting the successes of information gathering from the “torture”
Then on Tuesday President Obama would allow US Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate Bush officials after the Radical Left Wing Groups ” Move On.org” pressured the Administration to go after the the presidential ad visors of President Bush on “enhanced interrogation” program” memos.
Meanwhile, republicans officials, along with columnists, Talk show hosts; and bloggers including this one has called for the full release of the documents.
Follow along on
the Washington Post
Fox News Channel